The land of one of the most Ancient Civilisation is so much more than just the Pyramids. Five Nights on the River Nile gives the region complete justice. Suez Canal through Ismalia and a stay on the Crocodile Lake is exciting as well.
Twice a year November to February.
|Days||8 Nights / 9 Days|
11 Feb 2018 to 19 Feb 2018
Will be updated soon
|Direct Joining Cost||
Will be updated soon
Mumbai Dep: 0220 Cairo Arr : 0535
Cairo Dep: 1615 Aswan Arr : 1740
Luxor Dep: 1215 Cairo Arr: 1325
Cairo Dep: 1630 Mumbai Arr : 0120+1
Arrive in Cairo and proceed for an early check in at the Hotel in Giza, the neighborhood of Cairo where the world famous Pyramids are located. After breakfast and some rest we will proceed to downtown Cairo to visit the Egyptian Museum. The Museum is an ideal way on introducing yourself to the rich and ancient history of Egypt. The treasures of the tomb of Tutankhamen are stored in a special display room which is the highlight of the Museum. In the evening return back to the Hotel in Giza. The sound and light show at the Pyramids would be on display in the evening to give you a window into how the pyramids came to be made and have taken on thousands of years in the Sahara Desert of Egypt.
In the morning check out from your Hotel and visit the Pyramids of Giza. There will be
ample time to view the Pyramids and spend time soaking in the surroundings, we do not recommend an entry into the Pyramid but you would have time to enter
(extra expense). As we leave the Pyramids we will visit the Sphinx, the famous structure with a man’s face and a lions body. We will enjoy local lunch and later start our journey to Alexandria, the city in the North on the Mediterranean Sea. Spend some time at the Citadel by the sea and then check in the Hotel on the promenade. The sea front of Alexandria is a 24+ kms road along the Mediterranean sea.
The city is famous for its Great Library, which was one of the biggest in the ancient world and was burnt down by the army of Julius Ceaser and by successive regimes resulting in the greatest cultural loss to the knowledge of the ancient world. The library now is completely restored and one the wonders of Egypt. We would spend time going through it and then visit the Montazah Palace gardens where the last kind of Egypt, King Farouq made his residence. Enjoy lunch by the sea and then proceed on the country road to Ismalia that goes through the towns of the Nile Delta. Evening is free at the Idyllic located hotel by the Lake Timsah, along the Suez Canal.
Enjoy the lovely morning view from your hotel during breakfast. Later visit the most iconic Suez Canal of Egypt. The Canal pretty much saved the country from falling into economic depression when the revolution affected the tourism industry. We will cross the Suez Canal by a local boat and will mostly encounter a big container ship crossing the narrow canal built to link the Mediterranean sea to the North and the Red Sea to the south. After lunch we will check out and proceed to the Cairo Airport to fly to the Southernmost City of Egypt, Aswan, on the River Nile.
Early in the morning depart to drive to Abu Simbel, the biggest ancient temple complex in Egypt. Set on the Lake Nasser formed due to the building of the Aswan High Dam, the Abu Simbel was transported piece by piece from its original location which was to drown in the lake. Return to Aswan and en route visit the High Dam. After lunch and some rest we will enjoy an evening Felucca (sail boat) ride on the Nile and later visit the island Temple of Philae for the sound and light show.
In the morning visit a local Nubian village to experience the ethnic way of life. Check in the 5 Star Nile Cruise, your home for the next 3 nights. The cruise will be mostly docking in Aswan tonight and visiting the local market would be the best way to spend the evening.
This day, the sailing on the Nile with the current will take you first to the temple of Edfu,
which is dedicated to Horus the ancient God. Later observe how your cruise passes the Lock in Esna, where the Nile has a difference of water levels. By late evening your cruise will dock in Luxor.
Today will be dedicated in visiting both the east and the west bank of Nile that flows
through the most beautiful town in the South of Egypt, Luxor. The temple of Karnak will be visited in the evening and the morning will be given to visiting the Valley of the Kings, where the tombs of the ancient kings of Egypt lie buried. Fabrics made from the Egyptian cotton which is one of the finest cottons in the world can be purchased from the Luxor Souq so can the camel hair carpets and perfumes.
Check out from the cruise in the morning and board the domestic flight to Cairo at 1215
which will connect to the International flight to Mumbai or to other cities in India through the Gulf.
1. Original Current Passport valid (for 6 months) and Latest old passport (If Available)
2. 3 recent (New Clicked) photographs (not older than three months), Size 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm, white background, Mat finish, (80% of the area should be covered by the face with the ears clearly visible)
3. Completely filled form signed by the applicant.
4. Covering Letter addressed “To, Consulate General of Egypt, Mumbai”
5. Original bank statement from last 6 months to till current date or passbook Xerox copies with first page of passbook and original bank seal compulsory. (Closing Balance should be minimum INR 1,00,000 - 1,50,000/- Per Person)
6. If Employed: Leave letter / No-Objection Certificate on company letterhead & 03 Months Salary Slip or Employment Contract.
7. 3 Years IT Paper/Form 16.
8. If Self Employed: Visiting Card & Business letterhead for covering letter purpose. Company Registration copy / Partnership Deed / Company Memorandum. Company Bank Statement Last 6 Month, 3yrs IT Paper.
9. If Student: College ID copy and No-Objection Certificate / Bonafied Certificate.
10. If Applicant is retired: Retirement Proof.
11. For out Station Passport: 02 address proofs like Aadhar card, Electricity Bill, MTNL Bill.
12. Applicant if Divorced then need Divorce paper’s copy and if Widow/Widower then spouse’s death certificate copy.
13. Marriage Certificate if Spouse name is not added on passport.
14. If Widow person traveling alone sponsor documents required – If sponsor is son / daughter : Financial Documents, if working salary slips, Sponsorship Letter & sponsor passport copy.
Note: The Embassy reserves the right to request additional information/documentation and, if deemed necessary, to interview the applicant.
Do not hesitate to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
+91 (22) 4074 7676
Monday to Saturday (10 am - 7 pm)