The land of one of the most Ancient Civilizations is so much more than just the Pyramids. Five nights on the river Nile gives you a complete experience of the region. Observing the busy Suez Canal through the city of Ismailia is very exciting.
December - February
|Days||8 Nights / 9 Days|
|From||Alexandria to Cairo|
28 Feb 2023 to 08 Mar 2023 Subject to change
|Direct Joining Cost||
Will be updated soon
Alexandria (1N) | Cairo (1N) | Aswan (1N) | Nile Cruise (3N) | Giza (2N)
Step 1 - Advance airfare along with USD 500 + 5% GST + 5% TCS together with a copy of your passport and Pan Card, at the time of booking.
Under any other circumstances other than government or flight restrictions, the following charges will be considered as a cancellation fee.
**This clause is applicable even before this period if the flight tickets are issued.
We will arrive in Alexandria, the city boasts of having one of the longest marine fronts in the world. After lunch and check-in, we will have time to rest before we head out to visit the Montazah Garden and the Corniche.
After breakfast, we will visit the city famous for its Great Library, which was one of the biggest in the ancient world. The once burned-down library is now completely restored and one of the wonders of Egypt. We will also visit the Catacombs before getting on the highway to Giza. Lunch is local and is served on arrival in Giza. In the evening we will enjoy the Sound and Light Show, which will transport you back in time as you relive the history of Egypt.
After an early breakfast, we will check out and head to see the Pyramids. We do not recommend entering them, but you will have enough time to do so (optional). As we depart from there, we will see the Sphinx, a famous structure with a man's face and a lion's body. Later, there will be time to shop for famous Egyptian perfumes and papyrus paintings. In the evening, we will drive to the Cairo airport to board our flight to Aswan, Egypt's southernmost city on the Nile. Stay the night in Aswan. Dinner will be early as there is an early morning wake-up call the next day.
At 0400 hours today, we will head to visit Abu Simbel, Egypt's largest ancient temple complex. The sun shines particularly well in the morning on the giant sitting statues of Abu Simbel. On the way, a box breakfast will be provided. Abu Simbel is located on Lake Nasser, which was formed as a result of the construction of the Aswan High Dam. The site was transported piece by piece from its original location, which was going to drown in the lake. We'll check in later on the Nile cruise. Dinner and overnight on board.
After a leisurely breakfast, we will visit the High Dam followed by the Island Temple of Philae. Head back to the cruise for lunch and later view Aswan as we sail on the Nile with the stream. In the evening, visit the twin temple of Komombo, built somewhere between 150 - 85 BC. The temple looks particularly beautiful in the night. The sailing continues through the night as the cruise sails for its next stop, the town of Edfu.
Early in the morning we will disembark from the cruise and head out to visit the temple of Edfu in a horse carriage. We will get back to the cruise for breakfast and then enjoy the most beautiful part of our sailing as we head to Luxor. The Esna lock will be our next halt as the cruise slowly passes through the lock, being careful of the dip in the water level at Esna. Many local sellers of artefacts will approach the cruise from the water in their small boats. The sundeck is the best place to take in the views of the surrounding fields and villages that pass on our way to Luxor and anchor at around 1600 hours. In the evening, visit the magnificent temple of Karnak in Luxor, where we will be entertained with the light and sound show. Dinner and overnight on board.
Early in the morning, we will travel to the east bank, which is home to The Valley of the Kings. This is where you will witness an actual tomb without being destroyed like the Pyramid. Afterwards, we will head to the cruise for breakfast and later check in to a hotel in Luxor to freshen up and spend the day at leisure. Evening, proceed to the airport to board the flight to Cairo. On Arrival in Cairo, we will head to our hotel in Giza.
In the morning, we will depart for Ismailia to visit the most iconic Suez Canal. We will cross the Suez Canal by a local boat (on availability – as it is subject to permission from Canal Authority). There is always the option of looking at Egypt’s biggest revenue generator from a distance as we enjoy lunch from a hotel built close to the Canal. We will head back to Cairo and the rest of the evening is free to relax.
After breakfast, visit the Cairo Museum, otherwise known as the Egyptian Museum. The Cairo Museum has the greatest collection of pharaonic antiquities in the entire world, including the gold found in the Tutankhamun tomb. Post lunch we will drive to Cairo airport to board our flight to India.
Egypt is a lot more than just the Pyramids and its ancient temples. Our itinerary consciously aims in exploring the other aspects of Egypt, including the Suez Canal and the River Nile.
The highlight of the trip is the 5 nights stay on the river Nile. The stay is divided into two parts, 3 nights in the 5-star cruise and 2 nights in an Aswan Hotel.
Crossing the Suez Canal with a local ferry is based on security checks. Since the Canal is a highly guarded area we are able to see it from a distance from the hotel where we have lunch.
Egypt is very safe to travel. There might be some random checks on the road while you sit in the coach otherwise there won’t be any stoppages.
All the monuments and temples need a considerable amount of walking. A daily walk of around 2 kms is average on the tour.
1. Original Current Passport valid (for 6 months) and Latest old passport (If Available)
2. 3 recent (New Clicked) photographs (not older than three months), Size 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm, white background, Mat finish, (80% of the area should be covered by the face with the ears clearly visible)
3. Completely filled form signed by the applicant.
4. Covering Letter addressed “To, Consulate General of Egypt, Mumbai”
5. Original bank statement from last 6 months to till current date or passbook Xerox copies with first page of passbook and original bank seal compulsory. (Closing Balance should be minimum INR 1,00,000 - 1,50,000/- Per Person)
6. If Employed: Leave letter / No-Objection Certificate on company letterhead & 03 Months Salary Slip or Employment Contract.
7. 3 Years IT Paper/Form 16.
8. If Self Employed: Visiting Card & Business letterhead for covering letter purpose. Company Registration copy / Partnership Deed / Company Memorandum. Company Bank Statement Last 6 Month, 3yrs IT Paper.
9. If Student: College ID copy and No-Objection Certificate / Bonafied Certificate.
10. If Applicant is retired: Retirement Proof.
11. For out Station Passport: 02 address proofs like Aadhar card, Electricity Bill, MTNL Bill.
12. Applicant if Divorced then need Divorce paper’s copy and if Widow/Widower then spouse’s death certificate copy.
13. Marriage Certificate if Spouse name is not added on passport.
14. If Widow person traveling alone sponsor documents required – If sponsor is son / daughter : Financial Documents, if working salary slips, Sponsorship Letter & sponsor passport copy.
Note: The Embassy reserves the right to request additional information/documentation and, if deemed necessary, to interview the applicant.